Friday, September 18, 2009

party in a box

In an effort to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation, Savannah is a host city for the Regatta every year. A very close relative of mine passed away 3 1/2 years ago from a 10 year battle of leukemia so this cause hits home a little harder than others. She was my cousin, Karen Hamilton, and she was 19 years old when she lost her battle. I've never seen anyone so brave in my life and I will always remember her for her strength and friendship. I wanted to donate something that could really bring in the $$$ for the auction this year so I worked with Sarah Buck Photography and Two Smart Cookies to create "Party in a Box". The package includes 50 custom invitations, 50 custom thank you notes, 50 custom favor tags, 50 custom cookies, 2 hours of even photography, and a coffee table book to commemorate the event. ( $650 value ) Big thanks to everyone who participated and I'm excited to see how much money the entire event raises tonight. Since Savannah has been one of the host cities, we have raised over $2 million dollars towards cancer research. Thank you Savannah!


4 comments:

JMW said...

What a great auction item! And that's so wonderful how much money has been raised for such a worthy cause. Congrats!

BALLET NEWS said...

What a fantastic idea ! Thankyou for posting

Justin and Marisa said...

What an awesome idea!! I am loving the blog girl!

Rachrea said...

Great idea! LOVE Two Smart Cookies! My BFF's mom is the the owner...best cookies ever!