Friday, October 9, 2009

leukemia regatta { savannah, georgia ]

My cousin, Karen, fought leukemia for 10 years - more than half of her life and passed away just before our wedding in 2006. Since I moved to Savannah, I quickly became involved with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation with their yearly Regatta event. This is such a great event and has raised over $2 million since it started in Savannah. It's so rewarding to be a part of such a good cause and especially since the cause hits so close to home. The week's events include the sailing regatta, golf, tennis, cookouts and a black tie auction event. Each event has a purpose of raising more funds for leukemia research. Over the past 4 years, I have donated my services of creating the invitations, menu cards and tablecards for the dinner while also contributing creatively to the dinner decor. This year, I had the pleasure of working on the silent auction committee and collecting art from a lot of amazing artists who were willing to donate their talents and services to the cause. Thank you so all who helped and chaired the event. We raised over $258,000 this year!!!

Below are some of the elements from the event "Spirit of the Sea Dinner"

{ table cards printed on pearl paper }


{ menu cards printed on pearl paper }
{ table setting }


{ the hubby and me at the event }

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I'm SO proud of you!