Monday, November 5, 2012

Inspired by DVF


There are so many inspiring women in business, fashion and art - one that I am often inspired by is the infamous Diane von Furstenberg. Not only did her creation of the perfect wrap dress make women everywhere feel beautiful, but the inspiring story, constant motivation and positive demeanor has made her into a true icon. Diane is a great example of how women should grow more confident and comfortable with themselves as they become older and wiser. I look back at myself 1 year ago, 5 years ago and even 10 years ago - I really didn't know myself yet. Even though I still have some growing to do, I am thankful to feel so confident and comfortable with myself. As I grow older, learn new things and gain new experiences, I learn to trust myself more. Trust my gut. This is definitely hard to do at a young age...I discover more about myself everyday. I do believe being an only child has had a very positive effect on me. Not only has it made me comfortable in my own skin, but it has also made me very comfortable spending time alone, reflecting and entertaining myself with my muses, interests and passions. I have never had the urge to constantly surround myself with people - I'm perfectly fine spending time alone and often prefer it when I need to relax and rejuvenate. I believe this is important for everyone - to trust what YOU love, not love what everyone else is loving. Rather than focusing on what others have, we should focus on what makes us happy and unique. What makes US special and not like everyone else. In a world of changing trends and styles, find what makes you smile and have the confidence to love it no matter what anyone else says or thinks. Love YOU for YOU - life will be so much easier.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Even small things must be memorable and special for a wedding. It is just easier if you are a creative artist, but if not, then you should start asking for a big help to your closest friend or family. Online shopping for the different wedding shops could be helpful also to give you an idea for your wedding. Just visit https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/women-the-wedding-shop for more details.